Monday, October 12, 2009

We Meet Anthony Bourdain


Yes, that's right--we did!

I can be a bit of a storyteller, but I'm going to make this as quick and to-the-point as I possibly can so that I can get to the best part: the pictures.

The event:
Anthony Bourdain gets interviewed by Frank Bruni, author and former restaurant critic for the New York Times. I buy the tickets from StubHub after they are sold out and pay too much for them, but I know it'll be worth it. I invite my mom and dad.

The pre-party:
Mom and Dad come to Manhattan, we get drinks and appetizers (I'm now fully obsessed with fried pickle spears) and head to the TimesCenter Stage where we wait in line to be seated, while playing Eye Spy. We drink (complimentary!) wine.

The main event: Anthony is just how he appears on camera, both regarding looks and attitude. I feel like squealing with delight the entire time. The intimate venue made it seem as though we were all hanging out in a very large living room, listening to one great storyteller.

The immediate aftermath:
I buy one of his books (for reasons unknown, none of us brought any of his books that we already own), wait in line, shake his hand, feel like an idiot because I'm trying to talk but it's just nonsense, have him sign the book and tell him that the autograph "better be good because it's going to be a tattoo."

The after-party:
More (complimentary!) wine, then a big dinner and more drinks, and lots of good conversation with two amazing people. Well worth every moment of anticipation and penny paid for the tickets. One of the best nights of my life, and I'm so happy to have shared it with my parents, who appreciate and adore him as much as I do!

The pictures:


Frank Bruni, left, Anthony Bourdain, right


Mr. Bourdain!


Here I am, with my mom behind me, pointing at my dad, the temporary paparazzo

!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. One of the best nights of our life as well, Jackie! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site kicks butt,I swear to god your famous

    ReplyDelete