Monday, October 12, 2009

Roasted Vegetable Sandwich

There's really not much to say about this meal, except that it was one of the easiest things I've made, and I can't take credit for its conception. This sandwich and its close cousins finds its way onto many menus in cafes across the city. I shamelessly stole the idea and made it in my own apartment, paying a lot less than I would in my local gourmet sandwich shop.

Slice zucchini, eggplant, and red peppers. Toss with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper, and place in a 425-degree oven for about 35 minutes, or until tender.



Spoon the vegetables onto toasted chiabatta bread, dollop with goat cheese (I used garlic-herb), and you're good to go.



If you are serving more than one person, I recommend assembling the sandwich on one big hunk of bread and then slicing into individual portions.



You could easily expand on this sandwich by creating exotic condiments, adding more intriguing vegetables, or seasoning with various herbs and spices, but why? It defeats the purpose of this sandwich: to be healthy, tasty, and ridiculously easy.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMEE!!!
    One of my favorites. Especially on the Ciabatta bread..

    ReplyDelete