Thursday, March 3, 2011

Soy Tea Latte

This February I went to Philadelphia for the first time to visit a good friend I haven't seen in years. We spent our time gossiping, venting, laughing -- all the while eating delicious food and drinking copious amounts of wine. Which brings me to the reason for this post. While catching up in a coffeeshop, my friend ordered steamed soy milk with a tea bag. Since leaving Philadelphia, that drink has been in the back of my mind. Well, tonight it crept to the front of my mind and I finally did something about it.

Pour one part plain or vanilla soy milk and one part water into a cup or mug. Heat in the microwave or in a pot over a medium-low flame until hot, but not boiling. Steap your favorite tea in the milk and water. Add honey to taste.

This improvised soy tea latte satisfied my serious dessert craving -- and it just so happens to be healthy. Thank you, Danielle, for the great idea. Cheers!

2 comments: