Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Barbecue Tofu

According to my mom, the first time I ate a lamb chop, I sucked the meat off, right down to the bone. Despite being a serious carnivore, there are many nights during the week when I have zero desire to prepare -- or even think about chewing -- meat. I remembered a dish featured in the Whole Foods hot buffet that showcases the versatility of tofu and took on making my own version.

Enter, barbecue tofu:



Cube extra-firm tofu into bite-size pieces and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in a 375-degree Farenheit oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until the tofu is golden and toasted. While the tofu is hot, toss with your favorite barbecue sauce, edamame, sliced scallions and fresh cilantro. Enjoy on its own or over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment