Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Barbeque Chicken Sandwich

Whenever there is extra turkey bacon in the apartment, I always seem to gravitate toward making these sweet, smokey, juicy sandwiches. And that is exactly what happened tonight.

Cook the turkey bacon in a pan until crispy, and set then aside. Saute chicken breasts in the pan same pan, about seven minutes each side. When they are almost finished cooking through, top with one slice of cheese and bacon.



Place the chicken breast on a whole wheat bun and top with your choice of barbeque sauce. I served this with a simple salad of mixed greens, baby roma tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers, drizzled with clementine dressing*.



*I had a few clementines that I failed to eat in time, and they were beginning to lose their appeal. I squeezed the juice out of the little oranges and combined with extra virgin olive oil, a splash of vinegar (apple cider is all I have on hand for now), salt, and black pepper. You can juice any orange you have around, or just use store-bought orange juice. Either way, the dressing compliments the barbeque sauce nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment